Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Giving Credit where Credit is Long Overdue

I have been active in politics for coming up on six years now. After I was injured in the U.S. Navy and could not re-enlist, I was looking for a new way to contribute to this Great Nation of ours.

One of my co-workers got me started in political debate in an online chat forum. It was a lot of fun. I then began to listen to talk radio, since my job required me to be on the road for several hours per day. I mainly listened to Rush Limbaugh, since it brought back so many memories of my childhood, listening to Rush with my Dad. But the commercials killed me! It seemed as though every 5 minutes was another commercial break.

Then my loving wife gifted me with a Sirius satellite radio. The first station I tuned in to was Sirius Patriot 144. I loved their lineup, but when I heard Andrew Wilkow for the first time, I was hooked! He is on from Noon to 3pm and only has 3 short commercial breaks per hour. His show is called The Wilkow Majority. I have no idea how many listeners he has, because I don't think he is allowed to discuss numbers on the air. (to prevent jealousy from the rest of the SiriusXM lineup) Andrew calls himself "the next generation of great talk radio" and I agree! Rush Limbaugh is a good man, but I would rather listen to Wilkow anytime. The man calls things like they are, gives incredible "perfectly executed political analysis", and I agree with 100% of the things that he says.

I do not agree with what he says because he is saying it, it is because he is saying the things that I already believe in. It is refreshing to hear such an honest, straight-forward, unapologetic Conservative. Andrew also has his priorities in order. He says that he is "Patriot first, Conservative second, and Republican third". Although he is not openly religious, he has never bashed religion. The man has a talent for making the most complex arguments clear and concise. It's been said that a truly wise man does not make the simple complicated, but makes the complicated simple. By this measure, Wilkow is a very wise man indeed.

I have been blogging for almost two years now. Andrew Wilkow has contributed greatly to ideas for my blog. If he was to read through it, he may smile when he recognizes me blogging on topics that he discussed that day.

As long as I am giving credit, I might as well thank The Blaze.com. I always link my sources in my articles, so you will see that most of my stories come from The Blaze. It is a great source for news. They do a great job of filtering the silly stories and reporting on things that interest politically active people.

Thank you for sharing my passion in politics and America. Together, we will stay informed, inform others, and restore this Great Country to it's former glory.

Oh, and as Andrew would say: "We're right, they're wrong, and that's the end of the story!"

No comments:

Post a Comment