Sunday, April 29, 2012

Rights vs. Responsibilities

Rights. People are always talking about them. They have the right to this, they have a right to that. But what they do not like to think about is responsibility.

The truth that you cannot have on without the other. Rights and responsibilities cannot be separated. If they are there is a consequence. Well... in some cases there is a consequence, but there should be in all cases.

Here's an example: I have the right to own a gun, but if I do not act responsibly with that gun, my right to own it will be taken away.

So rights and responsibility go hand in hand, so one should not be allowed to have a right and place the responsibility on another person. I feel that I have to right to engage in behavior with my wife that can result in the birth of a child. But I also have accepted the responsibility of providing for that child.

You cannot say you have to right to bear children and say that someone else (the taxpayers) have the responsibility to care for them. Am I saying that people on government support should not have children. Yes, I am. I think people on government support programs should have to agree to remain on birth control until they have improved their situation enough to provide for those children.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment