Friday, March 2, 2012

Tribute to a Legend

I was deeply saddened yesterday when I heard about Andrew Breitbart's passing. My first though was for his family. I can only imagine what they are going through, losing a husband and father that was in his prime. His vibrant personality and contagious passion that influenced so many was snuffed out at the young age of 43.

I had the utmost respect for this man. He was as bold and courageous as I wish I could be. Whether you agreed with him or not, you cannot dismiss his passion. The man knew what he believed, why he believed it, and how to go about putting it into action. Because of his speaking truth to power and passion for unearthing hypocrisy and corruption, Andrew was hated. Oh was he hated! But he never took it personally, rather than lash back at the hate and filth that was spewed towards him, he took it in stride and kept on keeping on. Often times he would re-tweet the hateful and vulgar things that were said about him, further proving his point. He fought with facts, logic, and reason, not name-calling, emotional rhetoric, and hate.

Mr. Breitbart, you will be missed. But I know that many of those who call themselves fellow Conservatives will pick up that torch and carry it on. We will take this Country back to the values and standards that our Founding Fathers intended. Your legacy will be our motivation. Thank you.

May God rest your soul and bless your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment